- Shut off the water source promptly if not possible call 276-521-9200
- Remove water promptly with a mop or shop, promptly call 276-521-9200
- Prop all wet furniture up and remove cushions for drying, promptly call 276-521-9200
- Place Aluminum foil or wood under all furniture legs to prevent dye transfer, promptly call 276-521-9200
- Hang all wet clothing including leather and fur at room temperatures, promptly call 276-521-9200
- Remove all area rugs, wool rugs and colored rugs from wet surfaces, promptly call 276-521-9200
- Lift draperies off the floor, loop through a coat hanger and place the hanger on the drapery rod.
- Do not use a regular vacuum to remove water
- If water is from above DON’T turn on lights, ceiling fans and keep out of areas with sagging ceilings or places retaining water.
- DO Not leave paper items such as books, magazines and coloring books on wet carpet
- Do Not attempt to walk through water with the power on
- Do not lift tacked-down carpet without professional help.
- Do not use electrical appliances while on wet carpet or flooring.
- Do not disturb visible mold
- Do not remove books and files out until ServiceMaster has arrived to start the freeze drying process
- Do not attempt to remove carpet as improper technique will cause delamination